For the new assignment of ‘Design for Digital Media Environments’ we have all been allocated our groups for the collaboration project. I have been teamed up with two other people, Seb Faull and Emily Woods. To start such a project we decided to meet up on Monday 16th February to discuss our ideas on the assignment. If you would like a recap on the assignment brief you can find it by clicking here.
Anyway, as we met up things started off well; we discussed our ideas and finalised that we will be making a recipe-based, social web app. The idea behind this project is to create something where users are able to view and add recipes to a website.
Heres a breakdown of our idea:
The web app must be responsive so it can be viewed on multiple devices including:
The web app will be broken down into members and non-members:
- Non-members will be able to read-only recipes and will not be able to comment, share or like on the recipes
- Members will be able to read and write recipes with their own unique login details (username and password)
- Members will be able to comment, like and share other people’s recipes
The Recipes will be made up of these things:
- Recipe title
- Method/instructions on how to make the final product
The homepage will consist of a live view of recipes being submitted to the web app.
- The recipes will be displayed as ‘cards’ where only the thumbnail image, description, like, comments, difficulty level and the time it takes to make the product will be displayed.
- The home page will include buttons where the user is able to navigate to the different sections available.
- These will include: All Recipes, Starters, Main, Desserts, Drinks and a help button
- There will also be a banner where the logo will be displayed along with a slogan
- Within the banner there will be three buttons that will include:
- About us (the team), Blog, Sign Up.
- There will also be space within the banner where other social media links will be available such as:
- Twitter, Facebook and Email
When the user (member/non-member) clicks on a recipe ‘card’ they will be directed to a new page where the method/instructions will be displayed along with the ingredients.
- There will be a comment section for members to comment on the recipe
- Members will also be able to ‘like’ the recipe
- If non-members try and comment or ‘like’ a recipe they will be redirected to the register/login page
The register/login page will display the benefits of being a member and will compare the two different levels.